A Corn Farmer in Colorado

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Things sort of went down the drain

Something that happened today
I am not going into detail about the things that happened this today. To make a long story short, I will be looking for another job within the week. It's hard to even get past the shock value because of the circumstances. I think I took the "finding out" about this matter rather calmly, much more calmly than the usual "Corn shock value". We will see. I believe the people I am close to, the people that know me, the people I have grown to love (like a family), are looking out for me. With this said, I think there is a light at the end of my tunnel.
Stuff I have been thinking about
I wish I had more time on my hands. There are so many things I would like to get done. For example, I would love to get some of my photos displayed at various places. A few people have mentioned some to me. The places include: a pub, a salon, and the good ole' internet. Maybe it's me. Maybe I am not making time for those types of things. Hopefully Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be a good day to "catch" up.
I wish I knew more. Often times, I feel like I don't know enough about everything. I hate reading (for the most part) and just get so tangled up in other projects, etc that I don't take time to just learn. Sometimes when I go to class, I find myself wondering why I am even there. I love my school for the most part. The teachers *are* great, most of the classes are very worth while, and I get along with almost everyone there. I feel like I really belong there. It's just the knowledge thing. Questions I find asking myself: Do I not learn like others? Do I not care enough? Why are things going in one ear and out the other? I think it's somewhat psychologically. A lot of the time, I don't give myself enough credit. I don't know what my deal is. It just well... sucks. I have even thought about changing majors. When I think of myself actually doing something that totally and fully involves what I am "learning" at school, I kind of shutter. Some of the stuff I do know, I know well. I take time with it and/or it just comes naturally. Why is this? Who knows?

2 Comments:

  • I can totally relate to what you're saying. I've caught myself on many occasions wondering why I'm in class, if I'm actually getting anything out of it, and if I'm even majoring in the right area. Lately, I've been seriously thinking of changing majors and schools.
    As for the job...I'm currently among the unemployed of my own volition. I'll be looking for another job sometime soon and hopefully find one that doesn't suck. Ah, well. We can dream, can't we?

    By Blogger Woman~Of~Heart, at 11:45 AM  

  • So I logged on in the middle of the night and the last thing I expected was a post from Corn Farmer, thanks. I have to say it might have been the coolest thing ever. I LOVE your blog, way awesome. I can TOTALLY relate.
    Keep it real, Keep it safe, hold a strangers hand.

    By Blogger Blynder, at 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home